No More Room in Hell is a free first person zombie shooting Source Engine mod.
The beta was released on Halloween 2011, after nearly seven years in development. In October 2013, it was released on Steam as a stand-alone game.
The gameplay is based around survival horror. Firearms and ammunition are limited in availability. There are two gamemodes currently: in Objective mode, the survivors must complete a series of objectives that will allow them to be rescued and the other game mode, Survival, is a wave-based survival run with supply drops and safe zones to maintain.
- Co-operative play with up to eight players.
- A realistic approach: In short, no cross-hairs and minimal HUD. In addition, ammo and weapons are extremely scarce.
- Multitude of different opponents: ranging from the iconic "walking zombie" to the more contemporary "runners", No More in Hell will keep you on your toes with a mix of dangerous foes to face down. However, the most dangerous enemy may not always be the walking dead...
- Infection: one bite may be what it takes to bring you down. If infected, you must decide if you want to alert your team to rid you of your burden, or to keep quiet in the hopes of finding a cure...
- Tons of weapons, ranging from the diminutive .22 Target Pistol, to the almighty Chainsaw.
- Powered by Source and integrated with Steam.
The mod was in the top 100 of Mod DB's 2011 Mod of the Year list and named 'Multiplayer Mod of the Year 2011.
It has also been featured in Maximum PC in a two-page article about the mod, alongside two-page articles for both DayZ and The War Z in a special about the best of zombie games. NMRiH has also won the 2012 Mod of the Year from GameFront in a reader poll on Facebook. It was once again nominated in 2012 by users of ModDB for Mod of the Year, making it in to the Top 100 and subsequently placing 3rd in Player's Choice Mod of the Year. Since it failed to place higher than the previous year, attaining the same ranking as 2011, it did not make it in to the official Top Ten list and was supplanted by Cry of Fear.